Network & Infrastructure Engineering Services
mile2® is a leading provider of Network & Infrastructure Engineering Services (NIES) solutions for the design, upgrade and expansion of enterprise networks.
mile2® NIES solutions allow businesses to optimize their IT resources, boost productivity, availability and performance and increase security of the enterprise as a whole. Throughout the process, mile2® will remain committed to ensuring your needs are met.
The mile2® NIES approach is comprised of the following phases:
• Pre-planning assessment.
• Examine and analyze the network topology.
• Visually map out where replacement devices will deployed.
• Determine what materials need to be procured before mile2®'s arrival at the client site.
• Introduction of the mile2® team and the client's team.
• Q and A session to determine additional expectations, schedule time for maintenance windows, plan rollback options and discuss procedures.
• Design planning and creation of initial documentation.
• Bench test the firewalls, verify software revisions, begin base configurations.
• Create test lab environment to simulate the existing network infrastructure.
• Migrate checkpoint configuration to the platform.
• Continue with migration of Checkpoint rules.
• Bench test and troubleshoot migrated configurations.
• Installation of ASA firewalls into live network.
• Full and detailed connectivity testing.
• Management server testing.
• Begin tuning process.
• Finish FW tuning.
• Enable IPS modules.
• Begin tuning of IPS rules.
• Follow up with client to assess performance.
• Monitor systems to assess the need to reduce CPU intensive rules, false positives and/or rules that are not valid attack vectors.
The above is just a sample of what to expect during a network installation. mile2®'s approach is designed to deliver the highest possible results while providing the most cost effective solution for the client.