Military and Government DoD 8570 Training solutions
Mile2® is an industry leader for DoD 8570 Training and has been delivering such training since 2006 to the United States Air Force, Navy, Marines and Army. The DoD Directive 8570-1 defines two Information Assurance Categories (Technical and Management) and three levels (Level I, Level II, Level III) as well as baseline commercial certifications for each level as outlined below.
|IAT Level I||IAT Level II||IAT Level III|
|CISSP (or Associate)|
|IAM Level I||IAM Level II||IAM Level III|
|GSLC||CISM||CISSP (or Associate)|
|Security+||CISSP (or Associate)|
|IASAE I||IASAE II||IASAE III|
|CISSP (or Associate)||CISSP (or Associate)||CISSP - ISSEP|
|CISSP - ISSAP|
|CND Auditor||CND-SP Manager|
*Trademark belongs to ISC2 **Trademark belongs to GIAC ***Trademark belongs to EC Council
What is DoD 8570?
Department of Defense Directive 8570 (DoDD 8570) requires all government employees who conduct Information Assurance functions in assigned duty positions to carry an approved certification for their particular job classification. The DoDD 8570 provides guidance and procedures for the training, certification, and management of these individuals. mile2® courses cover the following courses:
Who is Affected by DoD 8570?
Any full or part-time military service member, contractor, or local nationals with privileged access to a DoD information system performing information assurance (security) functions -- regardless of job or occupational series.
- Office of the Secretary of Defense
- Military Departments
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Combatant Commands
- Office of the Inspector General of the DoD
- Defense Agencies
- DoD Field Activities
- All other organizational entities in the DoD
DoD 8570 Requires:
- By the end of CY 2010, all personnel performing IAT and IAM functions must be certified.
- By the end of CY 2011 all personnel performing CND-SP and IASAE roles must be certified.
- All IA jobs will be categorized as 'Technical' or 'Management' Level I, II, or III, and to be qualified for those jobs, you must be certified.
- DoDD 8570 will be converting to DoDD 8140 in the future. More details on what will be changing as part of DoDD 8140 will be posted as it becomes available.
For More Information About DoD 8570:
- Contact BillNelson@Mile2.com