Kevin Mehok
Participant

IST3100 Information Systems Security Officer
Week Three
Assignment #2
WK3 Topology Discussion
Kevin Mehok

Hey Class,

First of all let’s review, “What is Network Topology”? Network Topology to me describes the physical and even the logical layout of one’s network. It is all about the nodes and how we move our data around, right?

Two keep things super simple and to be effective, I have opted to discuss:
Physical Topology
and
Logical Topology

How did you guess?

Starting with ‘Physical Topology’ this to me can be described as the actual layout of devices within a network. Objects that you and I can physically touch.

The second one is ‘Logical Topology’ which can be described as the method for which data travels through the network.

Think of things this way, the roads are the ‘physical network’ whereas the vehicles are the logical networks that carry the data, but through the roadways.

I am a huge Tron fan, so understand the dataverse world but getting through via the physical world is actually more simple than it sounds.

That’s all I’ve got.

God Bless,

Kevin

SUPPORT

Please Note:

The support ticket system is for technical questions and post-sale issues.

If you have pre-sale questions please use our chat feature or email information@mile2.com .

Cybersecurity Certifications for Today's INFOSEC Careers

Mile2 Cybersecurity Certifications is a world-leader in providing accredited education, training, and certifications for INFOSEC professionals. We strive to deliver the best course ware, the strongest Cyber Range, and the most user-friendly exam system in the market.

Our training courses follow our role-based Certification Roadmap. Plus, many of our classes include hands-on skill development in our Cyber Range.  We train students in penetration testing,disaster recovery, incident handling, and network forensics.  Additionally, our Information Assurance training certification meets military, government, private sector and institutional specifications.  

Accreditations

We've developed training for...

Canada Army Navy Airforce

The Canadian Department of National Defense

USAF

The United States Air Force

Defense Logistics Agency

A United States Counterintelligence Agency

Texas Workforce Commission

Texas Workforce Commission