Mile2 Cybersecurity Certifications

OCU C)ISSO D Devotion 05

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Manny Varela
      Keymaster

MARK 5 – LEGIONS

2 And when Jesus[b] had stepped out of the boat, immediately they are met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit. 3 He lived among the tombs. And no one could bind him anymore, not even with a chain, 4 for he had often been bound with shackles and chains, but he wrenched the chains apart, and he broke the shackles in pieces. No one had the strength to subdue him. 5 Night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out and cutting himself with stones. 6 And when he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and fell down before him. 7 And crying out with a loud voice, he said, “What have you to do with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I adjure you by God, do not torment me.” 8 For he was saying to him, “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!” 9 And Jesus asked him, “What is your name?” He replied, “My name is Legion, for we are many.” (Mark 4:1-8)

The Hebrews taught that a carcass, even gravesites, was a place of defilement. Because of this Levitical law, it was common for the burial grounds of the dead to be located outside the city. Outside the city gates, in some remote gravesite, dwelled a man named Legion.

Many people knew Legion as the one who “lived among the tombs” (3). Legion was known to be insane as he was tormented, night and day, by an “unclean” spirit (2). And, “night and day among the tombs and on the mountains he was always crying out and cutting himself with stones” (5). Because of his lewd and barbaric behavior, he was regularly bound and shackled so that he could be contained. Although he possessed extraordinary muscular strength, on one occasion, Legion broke his chains only to terrorize the townspeople.

As Jesus arrives ashore, Legion sees him from afar, and the Bible text says that Legion discerning from a distance, begins to run towards Jesus only to fall at His feet. Straightway,

Jesus commanded the evil spirit to depart from Legion’s person, and immediately, for the first time he could recall, he found peace from a lifetime of torment, suffering, and pain.

CHALLENGE

Although we may not be haunted by an evil spirit, in some cases, we are haunted by evil vices. Perhaps this vice has tormented you day and night, and you have longed to subdue it but cannot.

My friend, the answer is found in a name who obeys His voice at His word – even the greatest of all physical elements (water, wind, and fire). He has power over evil spirits, power over the flesh, and even power over death. What is His name, you may ask? His name is Jesus. Are you wrestling with a legion? Then cry out to Jesus in your time of need, and in His perfect timing, God will rescue you. RPF

Marcena Davis
      Participant

This passage tells the story of a man possessed by an unclean spirit, named Legion, who lived among the tombs and terrorized the townspeople. Despite his extraordinary strength, Legion was bound and shackled regularly but could not be contained. However, when Jesus arrives, Legion runs towards Him and finds peace from a lifetime of torment.
      So, if you are struggling with a vice that haunts you day and night, remember that Jesus has power over all physical elements, evil spirits, flesh, and even death. Just like Legion, cry out to Jesus in your time of need, and trust in His power to rescue you. Let us take comfort in knowing that no matter how powerful our struggles may seem, Jesus is always there to bring us peace and deliverance.

Kevin Mehok
      Participant

IST3100 Information Systems Security Officer
      Week Five
      Assignment #1
      WK5 Devotional
      Kevin Mehok

Hey Class,
      This week’s devotional reminds us that we have been created in the image of God. The challenge in considering as to whether or not there is life on other planets, seems so, well ‘unchanging’ for me. I feel that I would not lose an once of faith or belief in God if I was learn about life on another planets.

As for me, this would in fact prove to me again just how powerful our God and almighty Creator actually is. His power, His vastness is so far beyond our scope of understanding. The same must be said about His love for us. Scripture also reminds us of God’s desire to be loved by us.

Once again, as humans, this idea is well beyond our ability to reason and understand. I am personally validated and assured about God’s love when I hear music, see something beautiful, and feel a certain way, all of these things happen because of God’s all-consuming love.

God Bless,

Kevin

Kelly Crooks
      Participant

I am currently not struggling with a vice but there was a time in my life when I did struggle with something. While it wasn’t a demon or an evil spirit it did hold me day and night for several years. I would do good for a while and then it would take control of my life and consume me. While I never hurt anyone or committed a crime, it did have control of my mind, soul, and body. Not until I admitted I needed help and cried out to Jesus early in the morning in May 0f 2019, did I get the peace and help I needed from Him. I don’t understand how people can face demons and evil vices in their lives and not have Jesus to help them through it. Jesus hears our cries for help and He is willing and able to come to us, all we have to do is ask. That could be in the form of a prayer, a request, or an all-out cry for help. Jesus heard my cry for help and saved me from that demon.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SUPPORT

Please Note:

The support ticket system is for technical questions and post-sale issues.

If you have pre-sale questions please use our chat feature or email information@mile2.com .