Mile2 Cybersecurity Certifications

OCU C)HT D Devotion 01

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Manny Varela
      Keymaster

MATTHEW 11 – GOT REST?

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

Rest is a place of comfort, a place of security. It’s where the weary soul can find deep satisfaction. It’s where the heavy heart can find true peace.

Because there is no resting place in this world for the burdened, Jesus petitions to the masses, “Come to me… all of you who are weary”! The pursuit of happiness isn’t found in this world’s shallow treasures, nor the temporary passions of the flesh. No – it’s found in the heart of God.

And in His heart, there is true rest… Rest from the many expectations of this world. Rest from the demands of beauty and brilliance. Rest from all the garb this world claims you must become.

——This rest is discovered in the person of Christ who declares with absolute certainty, “I WILL GIVE YOU REST!

CHALLENGE

O weary soul, do you long to find that place where you can lye next to still waters? Where the river flows the stillness of God? My friend, true rest can only be found in the Lord Jesus. Have you found it? If not, Jesus is waiting.

Victoria Rollins
      Participant

I have definitely found Jesus Christ. I am currently carrying a heavy burden of my own. I am trying to give it all over to the Lord and I do not know if I can carry the burden any longer as it has been on my shoulders for the past months. I would love to be by still waters and just have my burdens lifted of my shoulders and not have to worry about what is going on and give it all over to the Lord to take care of. God as done me good in the past and I love the Lord but I still need to be with the Lord and he take my burdens away from me.

Kanthony
        Participant

I am praying that you find that peace and give it all to Him.

Jacob Mannon
      Participant

When it comes to burdens as a man, I always think about work and being a provider and the stress that comes with those things. When the stress seems to be overwhelming, I like to think about Ecclesiastes 2:17: “So I hated life, because what is done under the sun was grievous to me, for all is vanity and a striving after wind.” It is when I focus on Jesus and give my problems over to Him that I start to find peace and issues begin to get resolved.

Kanthony
        Participant

I love that you have this verse, Jacob.

Mjulius513
      Participant

Balancing work, school, and personal challenges is a demanding journey, but it’s one that I navigate with determination. Each day brings its own set of tasks that require focus and perseverance. In moments of seeking guidance, I often turn to the wisdom of scripture. Proverbs 3:5 resonates deeply, reminding me to “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. These words provide a sense of assurance that, even in the darkest times, there is a guiding light.

Matt McShane
      Participant

After a semester of tiredness and stress from people and the college, I cannot find any peace here. That peace, I believe, is found in family. I miss my family. I miss our home and just the presence of being away from a place where it does not give the peace, they so call claim to give. It is full of gossip and negativity amongst our own classmates. One event/ situation, and everyone will be talking about it like it’s 24/7 news worldwide. I know I’m almost 4 hours away from home, but I just feel safe and comfort with family. God is in our family, and right now it is what I need the most.

Kanthony
        Participant

I can relate to what you are saying, Matt. God has always been my first family. He’s always there for us.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SUPPORT

Please Note:

The support ticket system is for technical questions and post-sale issues.

If you have pre-sale questions please use our chat feature or email information@mile2.com .