Mile2 Cybersecurity Certifications

OCU C)ISSO C Devotion 01

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Manny Varela
      Keymaster

MARK 1 – CAMELS HAIR

“Now John was clothed with camel’s hair and wore a leather belt around his waist and ate locusts and wild honey. 7 And he preached, saying, “After me comes he who is mightier than I, the strap of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. 8 I have baptized you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” (Mark 1:6-8)

The commencement of God’s kingdom did not entail glamour or a visible spectacle of lights. The setting of Mark one lacks all the visual glories many church stages attempt to capture – the lights, the numbers, the awe-inspiring music. Instead, it was quite the opposite – as the gospel of Mark is introduced with John the Baptist, a vagabond servant.

John is described as one who was “clothed with camel’s hair and wore a leather belt around his waist and ate locusts and wild honey.” Perhaps, John is not much to look at. Perhaps, John does not have much to boast of. Perhaps, John lacks all the modern-day accolades one would expect from a prophesied messenger who was to introduce the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

Although John may have fallen short of one’s glorious expectations and political influence, God appointed him to introduce the most powerful person. It was a simple man that God chose to present the most dynamic message in the history of humanity as he declared that “He [Jesus] will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” 

CHALLENGE 

God introduced his Son to man in a most humble demonstration. At first, what was perceived by the elites as a nuisance and a vagabond at best was the introduction of their savior. What would initially be dismissed as small and insignificant became the most powerful message to man’s ears and demonstration to the world. All this was done in simple garments of camel hair and leather.

It is a misconception that God only uses influential or specially gifted people to do big things for God. Fortunately, that is quite contrary to God’s word. God uses small and insignificant things to change the world. “But God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put to shame them that are wise; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong” (1 Corinthians 1:27)

Feel small? Great — God can use you in a most spectacular way. Are you ready? God is waiting. RPF

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SUPPORT

Please Note:

The support ticket system is for technical questions and post-sale issues.

If you have pre-sale questions please use our chat feature or email information@mile2.com .