Mile2 Cybersecurity Certifications

OCU C)ISSO D Devotion 04

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Manny Varela
      Keymaster

MARK 4 – COMMAND

“And they feared exceedingly, and said one to another, What manner of man is this, that even the wind and the sea obey him.” Mark 4:41

One day, the disciples of Jesus decided to set sail to travel to the “other side” of the Sea of Galilee. The Sea of Galilee is the second-lowest lake in the world, at levels 200 meters below sea level. Because of its depth, the sea was prone to violent winds as the valleys and hills would harness the elements creating wind-like tunnels.

As the disciples were sailing, suddenly, they found themselves in a “tempest of wind” – a “great” violent storm. The sky darkened, and a rolling thunder began to echo through the valleys as the rain descended from the heavens. Lightning filled the sky as it struck violently around the little ship; furious gusts of winds began to “beat” the little fishing ship, tossing it to and fro. The boat appears doomed as it is on the verge of being consumed. The disciples begin to cry out loud for deliverance.

All the while, in the middle of the tumultuous storm, Jesus is sleeping nestled peacefully inside the ship. The disciples are beside themselves as they shake the Lord Jesus awake. They cry, “Master, do you care that we are about to perish.” Jesus, with the greatest authority, hushes the winds. Immediately, the great tumult, the life-consuming upheaval, subsides…

CHALLENGE

My friend, are you presently in a storm, and the waves of the sea are overwhelming you? Be not afraid; God is the master of even the greatest of storms. For it is God who “establishe[s] the force of the wind and measure[s] out the waters when He made a decree for the rain and a path for the thunderstorm” (Job 28:25-26). God governs when the storms come and go, when they are stirred and when they are to  subside. At His command, “even the wind and the sea obey him”!

Are you in a mighty storm, and your boat is about to capsize? Then cry out to God; he is ready to sail with you and give you “the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, [and] will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippines 4:7). RPF

Marcena Davis
      Participant

The passage reminds us that even in the midst of life’s storms, we can turn to God for comfort and protection. It’s reassuring to know that the same God who hushes the winds and calms the seas is the same God who cares for us and will give us peace in the midst of our struggles. It’s important to remember that storms may come and go, but God’s love and faithfulness remain constant. So if you’re going through a tough time, don’t be afraid to cry out to God for help and trust that He will be with you every step of the way.

Kanthony
        Participant

God is always with us! This is so important to know and to remember.

Kelly Crooks
      Participant

While I would say that I am not currently in a storm with my boat about to capsize, I, like all of us have been in many storms. I always find comfort in knowing that God is there and will always be there for me during those storms. It gives me such peace to know that in those storms when my boat was already capsized and I was about to drown, God reached out His hand and pulled me from those stormy waters. No matter what kind of storm we are facing it is important to remember that God will be there to guide us through those storms, guide us through the dark, starless nights. He is our navigational compass to get us through those storms safely, securely, and in one piece. We might be off course and our destination is not where we were headed for but God sailed with us and kept us safe. God is a loving God and wants to be the captain of our vessel.

Kanthony
        Participant

Love that you aren’t in a storm! That’s wonderful. Thank you, God, for that!!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SUPPORT

Please Note:

The support ticket system is for technical questions and post-sale issues.

If you have pre-sale questions please use our chat feature or email information@mile2.com .