Mile2 Cybersecurity Certifications

Cybersecurity Certifications

OCU C)NP A Week 04 Devotion

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Manny Varela
      Keymaster

MATTHEW 19- GOOD DEEDS

“Now behold, one came and said to Him, “Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” Matthew 19:16

“Good people” are extremely valued in our community. Honesty and transparency are favorable traits and are often appreciated amongst our peers. Good deeds such as giving your time and money to the needy are commendable and often applauded.

Although these good works are noble and garner our society’s respect, they fall short of what God deems sufficient to inherit God’s kingdom. In fact, God states that “none are righteous,” that even the best works we can perform “are like filthy rags.”

Why, may you ask? Because, in exchange for eternal life in heaven, God demands perfection. Something that was exclusively found in God’s Son, Jesus Christ.

CHALLENGE

Do you believe you are a good person? Good enough for God to let you into His kingdom? Sadly, being good is not sufficient, and your best works towards man are insufficient to secure heaven in the afterlife.

My friend, there is nothing we can do to earn heaven. All the work that needed to be done has ALREADY been done on the cross of Calvary.

Therefore, what we can do is come before the Lord with a humble heart, confessing that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, and then, and only then, we can inherit the kingdom of God.

Ashly Jackson
      Participant

I am a good person and my parents raised me very well. However, it is tough to define what a good person is, but I am an example of a good person because deep down in my heart I knew I am better than anyone else. For me None of us will ever be “good enough”, save through the merits and mercy of Jesus Christ but because God respects our legacy, we also cannot be saved without our trying. That is how the balance between grace and works. I can have hope in Christ because he wants to help and change us. We help build the kingdom of God by living righteously. Individuals and families are strengthened by activity in the church. We should willingly serve wherever we are. Blessings come as we serve in the kingdom of God. Many people think they can be worthy enough for heaven by simply working harder to be better, to be more righteous, or to be more holy.

Kanthony
        Participant

We have to know Jesus to get into heaven. Good points, Ashly!

Amy Hastings
      Participant

I believe I am a good person, I have always been taught and told to be a kind person. But everyone has those days where they do not feel like talking or interacting with anyone which may come off as rude towards others. I do not believe any one is perfect and nice all the time, no one is perfect and everyone has their own flaws that make them not a perfect person. I also think that no one can be “good enough” and me included as I have done things that make me feel like I am not good enough for God’s kingdom. I can agree that being “good enough” is not enough for God and if you can accept you are not good enough for God then I believe he thinks you are, since you are not trying to be better than anyone else or “good enough” for anyone but yourself. I will always confess to God and have a good heart towards him, in hopes to get to be in his Kingdom one day.

Kanthony
        Participant

We just have to keep trying to be like Jesus every day! Keep shining His light, Amy!

jmontgomery2
      Participant

I do not believe I am a good enough person on my own merits to enter the kingdom of Heaven. I have fallen short of God’s standards time and time again and I know cannot live a perfect life like Christ Jesus. However, I have faith in the promises that Christ made on earth that if we give ourselves over to Him and ask Him for forgiveness, the Father will not see our sin and shame. But instead will see the Son who died to cover all of our transgressions and rose again to defeat death. Works without faith are fruitless and faith without works is dead, there must be a balance between the two as no one can be a good enough person to enter heaven. In addition you cannot just skirt by as a Christian, you need to live for God and have a relationship with Him.

Kanthony
        Participant

We have to keep walking with Jesus and shining his light. Good points!

Aaron Elliott
      Participant

I try to be the best person to others I can, but I am aware that I fall short. Even with my best attempt I am not worthy of Heaven. I put my faith in Jesus Christ that his sacrifice for man will forgive us of our sin and allow man to enter the kingdom of Heaven.

Kanthony
        Participant

I’m so thankful for Jesus, too! Good points, Aaron.

Joseph Doss
      Participant

I don’t think there are any “good people” in the world. From mankind’s perspective, there are good and bad people but we are all sinners. But thanks be to God that Jesus paid for all the sins of all who believe in His name and accept Him as lord and savior.

Kanthony
        Participant

Joseph,
        Good points here. We should try to be good. But, we all mess up regularly.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SUPPORT

Please Note:

The support ticket system is for technical questions and post-sale issues.

If you have pre-sale questions please use our chat feature or email information@mile2.com .