Mile2 Cybersecurity Certifications

OCU C)HT D Discussion Lesson 07

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Manny Varela
      Keymaster

Discuss with input – output devices are their differences.

Jacob Mannon
      Participant

Input and output devices are essentially the embodiment of a cause effect relationship. A user inputs information via mouse, keyboard, or touchpad to then get a result on an output device such as a computer monitor. Doing this very assignment is an example of utilizing input and output devices. I am using my mouse and keyboard (input devices) to type my reply and see it on my laptop’s display screen (output device). There are also dual input-output devices like a KVM switch. This device is used to connect 2 or more monitors to a single mouse and keyboard.

Matt McShane
        Participant

Whenever I get the chance to look deep into my pc over the summer, I want to see how the output and input devices work. Like how each port and device work hand in hand

Mjulius513
      Participant

Input and output devices are essential elements of a computer system, providing the primary communication between the user and the computer. Input devices like keyboards, mice, and microphones allow users to enter data into the computer. Keyboards, which are used for typing text, enable users to point, click, and scroll through content, and touchscreens, provide an interface for direct interaction with displays. They convert user actions or voices into electronic signals the computer can process. Output devices, such as monitors and printers, do the opposite; they take information from the computer and transform it into a form that the users perceive, such as visual displays or printed documents. The key difference lies in their function input devices capture and send data to the computer for processing, while output devices receive and present the results of processed data from the computer to the user. This interaction facilitates a seamless flow of data into and out of a computer system, enabling various computing tasks.

Matt McShane
      Participant

With many examples of an input device, such as a keyboard, mouse, headset, microphone, and even a webcam, they are easy to install. Simply plug one into their respective port and the driver on the device will be picked up by the system. If, by chance, the system fails to pick up the device, the user has to manually install the input device into the system settings and fix the configurations. We as the user input actions into the pc, as right now I am typing words on my keyboard on my screen and will use my mouse to click on certain actions. When it comes to the output devices, such as displays, speakers, and printers, these are also easily able to plug into our operating system with cords in their respective ports. Monitors, speakers and printers are all devices that the pc will act to portray a result to the user. For example, the monitor displays images for the user to look at, or with the speakers, be able to hear sound/audio.

Jacob Mannon
        Participant

It is interesting how far technology has come. We even have input output devices in cars now. I have a touch screen on my dash that allows me to input commands that change the level of different aspects of my stereo system. Outputs like speakers have also come along way. I was surprised to find out my speakers will produce enough bass to shake my whole car.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SUPPORT

Please Note:

The support ticket system is for technical questions and post-sale issues.

If you have pre-sale questions please use our chat feature or email information@mile2.com .