Mile2 Cybersecurity Certifications

OCU C)HT D Devotion 02

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Manny Varela
      Keymaster

MATTHEW 12 – GOT NEED?

“Have you not read what David did when he was hungry, he and those who were with him: how he entered the house of God and ate the showbread which was not lawful for him to eat, nor for those who were with him, but only for the priests”? (Matthew 12:3-4/1 Samuel 21)

David and his men are running for their lives. In a jealous rage, Saul is in hot pursuit of David, God’s anointed one. David runs where he knows it’s safe, the tabernacle – the house of God. At the doorway, David is met by the high priest with provision – the shewbread and a sword.

The fresh bread renewed David’s strength. The sword that is now in his possession quickens the spirit of the vagabond king! For in his hand is not just any weapon but the sword of Goliath, the giant he sleighed many years ago!

Although David was seeking only a safe haven, God provided so much more than that; physical sustenance and a weapon of warfare.

CHALLENGE

Is satan in hot pursuit of your soul? Do you feel overwhelmed with satan’s blitzkrieg? Or do you feel helpless under his spell?

Then run where it’s safe, under the shadow of the great captain of our salvation, the Lord Jesus Christ! He will sustain you and defend you with the sword of the spirit, which is the word of God! – for He has conquered both death and hell! Run to Him!!!

Jacob Mannon
      Participant

When I was younger, I was always plagued with demonic nightmares and dreams of snakes. When I got older and learned more about spiritual things and the Bible, I realized that Satan has no power other than that which people allow him to have in their lives. Luke 10:18-20 says “And He said to them, I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I give you authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven”. Jesus tells us to rejoice that our names are written in heaven. We don’t even need to worry about Satan or his demons because we are children of God. We spend so much time as Christians worrying and giving ground in our minds when all we have to do is take advantage of the authority given to us by Jesus Christ and speak peace over ours and each other’s lives.

Matt McShane
      Participant

Gosh after hearing this and going to a production your church presents hits deep. Feels like the need for Christ is developing more and more as days pass by. Times when I have felt alone and like I’m not presenting myself clearly or when people think I am not enough for this world. I would, at times have like dreams about future situations (Could be DeJa’Vu I do not know). Right now, I feel I need him with the semester coming to a close and at the closing of someone’s life. My great grandpa about to pass in less than 2 weeks and I do not want to lose him. It is going to be hard because I do not know how I will take the death.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SUPPORT

Please Note:

The support ticket system is for technical questions and post-sale issues.

If you have pre-sale questions please use our chat feature or email information@mile2.com .